Aurora Brambles East School
Special needs catered for
• Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH);
• Specific Learning difficulties (Dyslexia);
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ Autistic Spectrum Conditions (i.e Asperger’s);
• Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD);
• Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD);
• Conduct Disorder;
• Attachment Disorder;
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
• ICT Suites;
• Design Technology workshop;
• Large dining and assembly hall;
• 3G football pitch.
Support services provided
Aurora Brambles East is an independent day school in Lancashire providing specialist education for boys with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
Brambles East School is located in Darwen, a small town in Lancashire. The school building is a large, converted Victorian house, set in a beautiful location. We have a range of specialist classrooms of varying sizes which cater for up to 63 students.
We have an ICT suite, a library with breakout area, a fully equipped design technology workshop and a large dining room where students and staff sit together for breakfast and lunch. Every morning we hold an assembly which is centered around a specific theme, and takes place in our large communal hall.
In the school grounds, we have a five-a-side 3G football pitch which students make use of during their break times. For other sporting activities we make use of the local leisure facilities.
Aims and philosophy
At Aurora Brambles East we focus on:
•Providing personalised specialist education – where students can learn and express themselves in a nurturing and safe environment that understands their needs and supports them to fulfil their potential;
• Supporting students to be part of an enriched school and community life;
• Preparing students effectively for life beyond school, by developing their abilities and supporting them to achieve their own unique level of independence as they approach adulthood.