Aurora Brambles School
Special needs catered for
• Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH);
• Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia);
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ Autistic Spectrum Conditions;
• Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD);
• Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD);
• Conduct Disorder;
• Attachment Disorder;
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Support services provided
Aurora Brambles School is an independent day school in Lancashire providing specialist education for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
Brambles School is located just outside of the small town of Leyland in Lancashire. The school is housed in a converted farm building with a modern purpose built building adjoining it.
Within the main school building we have a variety of learning space, including ICT suites, science and art rooms. There is also an assembly room which we use for breakfast club, morning assembly, break time snacks and where students sit and eat together with staff during lunchtimes.
In the school grounds, we have a hard-court area which students make use of at breaks for football and other activities. There is also a garden area where the students can sit and relax in during breaks when the weather is nicer. Around the school buildings there are a small number of horticultural areas that students tend to as part of their learning. For other sporting and outdoor activities, we make use of the local leisure facilities.
Aims and philosophy
At Aurora Brambles School, we focus on:
• Providing personalised specialist education – where students can learn and express themselves in a nurturing and safe environment that understands their needs and supports them to fulfil their potential;
• Supporting students to be part of an enriched school and community life;
• Preparing students for life beyond school – developing their abilities and achieving their own unique level of independence as they approach adulthood.