Special needs catered for
A range of special needs catered for, including Asperger’s, Autism and Dyslexia. Learners can study for a range of qualifications including GCSEs, A-levels and vocational qualifications.
Specialist facilities include a dedicated suite for speech, language and occupational therapies, and a café for on-site work experience.
Support services provided
The school provides a variety of support services, including: SALT; OT; School Nurse; Integrated Child Psychotherapist.
Home school links
Links with local mainstream colleges. Supporting learners into the college of their choice in their home authority; regular contact with parents via home/school communication books, phone calls, emails plus regular events at school and parent/teacher progress meetings.
The school itself is a converted Priory providing a tranquil and relaxing green campus on the outskirts of Oxford.
Aims and philosophy
LVS Oxford provides a unique, positive education for young people on the autism spectrum. It successfully:
• Gives learners the skills they need to live independently as adults
• Improves learners’ academic achievements
• Builds learners’ confidence in dealing with social situations
• Helps learners leaving after exams to go on to further education or training for the job they want
• Provides the right environment to help young people with autism do well